Monday, January 17, 2005

Requiem for a dream

It is probably time for me to do exactly that - hang up my dream. The dream which might never happen. Someone on Y! messenger today had her status set to - I am not going to hold my life back for a dream that never worked out. That set me thinking of a dream that could have happened.

A day, like any other day, except for the date - February 11th. It holds significance in my life, something that I would rather forget, but cannot. My existence is attributed to it. Well, that's another story to be dealt with, maybe someday. After all, tomorrow is another day, right?

So, it was February 11th 2004 and I get in to work as usual, log on to the tons of messengers that I am always online on. It was actually a surprise that someone whom I had been exchanging offline messages with materialized. A conversation began. Things progressed gradually and I actually started moving in a direction which I had forgotten existed. It was nothing but an instinct which made me persist on, when everyone seemed to be advising me against treading the path on which I was.

A small misunderstanding or was it a difference of opinion? I didn't think it was big enough to balloon into a total breakdown of communication. So, there was a breakdown and long enough for probably a saner person to have composed this requiem then itself. That streak of insane optimism proded me into writing and the conversaton that followed awakened that hope again...

A dying hope which took one more step today and I set a date. February 11, 2005 it shall breathe its last and my requiem shall reach a crescendo.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anurag said...

Attagirl! Thats the spirit!! Way to go!!!

6:44 AM  
Blogger ryma said...

It's not easy though, very difficult - a small flame still flickers.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very well written(thumbs up!!) and i went through some of the same stuff myself..am happy for ya gurl..follow up on that feeling of yours.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was out searching for dreams related information, when I landed on your page. ryma you have some good stuff there. While Requiem for a dream wasn't exactly what I was looking for I enjoyed the read Thanks. So I'll continue on looking for dreams, see you again some time.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How ya doing ryma, Hope you are having a good day. Your Requiem for a dream site is most interesting. I was looking for dreams related information when I came across it. Thanks for the read. I have a site that may interest you come and visit sometime, dreams thanks again, take care.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home