Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Signs??

In all probability, though I think a figment of my imagination. This chat with someone had ignited a small flame of hope.

So, there I am, as is the case on most weekends, alone watching TV. Surfing, I land up on this channel which is showing 'Monsoon Wedding'. It's the scene where heroine is walking back home alone, after having told her fiance about her escapade with her ex-boss. You then, see him following her, stopping her and telling her - "I am sure, we can go through this, we can put this behind us".

Was that a sign??? Well, I don't know? Mirza Ghalib had said - "Dil ke khush rakhne ko, Ghalib, yeh khayal bhi achcha hai". An argument can ofcourse be, it is on celluloid and celluloid, mostly sells dreams right?

Cut to reality - the next day. Today, I'm watching a movie called 'Chasing Amy'.

An interesting piece of conversation's happening, so I linger and I lingered on till the end of the movie. The storyline is something like this - the hero falls in love with the heroine, only problem, the heroine is lesbian. However, as their friendship grows, she falls in love with him too and they have a relationship. The hero has this well-wisher(?) best friend who finds out that the heroine was not always a lesbian and has had a very colourful past. Our hero, being the man he is, cannot handle that past of her's and to be on the same platform with her, comes up with a brilliant idea, which ofcourse is not so brilliant. They drift apart. There's this nice piece of conversation in a restaurant when one friend conveys to our guy, what I finally figured out to be the reason behind the name of the movie. A year later, our guy and girl meet again and our guy has written a complete comic book with them as the main characters.

But, that's where the movie ends and I have been wondering, whether I should let this optimist in me raise its head and say there's hope or leave it again at what it was.

Another thing that happened, I went to meet a friend and he's playing music. The song, that's playing when I walk in - Still Loving You by The Scorpions. If you've heard the song and paid attention the lyrics, it is on similar lines and something that I would attribute to being a cause for many a failed relationships.

On that note, I shall sign off...

2 Comments:

Blogger Anurag said...

All I can say is: "Coincidences are made in heaven!" :)

And hey, you forgot the '42' sign?

7:47 PM  
Blogger ryma said...

what '42' sign? I need you to give me the whole quote, only then I can say, why because 'Life begins at 42'?

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home